Vulcan Basement Waterproofing In Colonial Acres, NY
At this time, the founding fathers of Vulcan were in the home improvement business and were often called on to renovate this space and make it livable. The request was easy enough to accomplish but later, after heavy rains, there was water on the floor. This was something that no one noticed or cared about when it was filled with coal and ash. The first attempts to stop the water were done by trying to raise the ground around the walls that were leaking. After several renovations with the same results there came a realization that there was a genuine need for a business to specialize in keeping water out of basements. This was the birth of the basement waterproofing industry and Vulcan Basement Waterproofing, as we know it today.
Your Vulcan expert will explore for defects in your below-ground foundation walls – for cracks and crevices that admit subsurface water causing a wet basement.
Any of the following conditions could promote decay that might, in time, force you to replace foundation walls and floors:
- Poor soil conditions around walls, caused by construction workers who backfilled the surrounding area with soil containing broken concrete or timber. The result: pockets filled with water that exert pressure against walls.
- Hydrostatic effects from water buildup whose constant pressure eventually leads to water penetration.
- Capillarity within porous walls and floors that absorb water from the surrounding soil.
- High water table, resulting from underground water which rises with rain, snow or the tides.
- Below-grade cracks and voids in building foundations and walls expose your home to yet another peril. They are avenues for invading armies of termites and insects on the attack.