CRYSTALLINE HYDRAULIC CEMENT INJECTION
Call for a Free Quote
- In Business since 1947 -
- Over 850,000 Basements Waterproofed -
#1 Basement Waterproofing in NY, NJ and PA
Hydraulic Cement Fillings
Of the methods available today this is the one we believe is most effective for the majority of cracks. It involves chiseling an inverted V-groove in the wall 1” wide by 1” deep and filling the groove with a specially formulated commercial grade Xypex crystalline hydraulic cement. This crystalline is substantially different from traditional barrier products like membranes and cementitious coatings.
Basic to the development of Xypex Crystalline Technology was a thorough understanding of concrete’s chemical and physical makeup. Concrete is porous. Its tunnel-like capillaries are a natural part of its mass, and permit the passage of water and other liquids. Researchers at Xypex recognized the opportunity for a chemical treatment that would fill these capillaries to prevent the penetration of water and other liquids from any direction. By means of diffusion, the reactive chemicals in Xypex products use water as a migrating medium to enter and travel down the capillaries of the concrete.
This process precipitates a chemical reaction between Xypex, moisture and the by-products of cement hydration, forming a new non-soluble crystalline structure. This integral structure fills the capillary tracts rendering the concrete waterproof.
- Xypex creates a crystalline structure deep within the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete mass to prevent the penetration of water and aggressive chemicals. In contrast, barrier-type products function only at the surface of the concrete.
- Because Xypex is not dependent on surface adhesion to achieve its waterproofing effect, it is resistant to extreme hydrostatic pressure.
- It is not subject to the deterioration problems encountered by membranes.
- Xypex is permanent and reactivates whenever water is present.
Your Trusted Basement Waterproofers
Established 1947 Our Only Business for Over 65 Years